Saturday, December 23, 2006

Four Interviews in Two Days

Wow. What a whirlwind couple of days. I just drove back yesterday to Dallas to spend the holidays with my parents. I was originally planning to drive back around 3 PM, but as luck would have it the tenth and final person I needed to interview called me and agreed to do it that day. So I completed 6 of 10 interviews during this week. I am sitting here watching Beverly Hills Cop II while I am typing this. I keep forgetting how intense interviewing another person can be.

The first time I did two in one day left me so tired and drained. This week I did two on Thursday and two on Friday. These last four were so rich with information. They were exactly the stories I needed to hear. Last night when I got home, I remember having not eaten all day so I managed to eat some chicken salad (yes that I actually made), but then I passed out in a chair. When my parents got home from a party they were still pretty alert. But I could not remember what my mom was trying to say about the party.

So what did I learn over two days that made me so stressed out. It can be really intense when you hear words like terror, personal hell, stress, and panic used to describe the first year of an educational experience. Hey did you know that Chris Rock was in Beverly Hills Cop II? Since these are all individuals who are first in their family to go, it is understandable that they might use these rather concerning psychological terms. I know for me it brought back some intense memories for me about my higher education experiences.

Can't wait until January 17.

No comments: