Saturday, December 16, 2006

Coffee? Tea? A Beverage of Some Sort?

I notice that people don't know how to handle my intensity toward things that excite me. I get even worse when I drink coffee. I've had to learn who is okay to act like that around, and who I have to temper my emotions with. I had to give up coffee drinking only sugar-free and caffiene free alternatives. I am sure for my TJ friends and loved ones, I can be down right exhausting. I've learned how to temper myself a little, but it usually results in me becoming more introverted. I feel calmer and stable with INTJ/ISTJ types, because they provide balance.

People who have mood swings, tend to lecture me, don't hold the same ethical principles, or like to argue constantly create a lot of stress for me, because it creates powerful emotions internally that I usually can't express outwardly. I don't like it. I try to adopt the "pick your battles" philosophy because conflict wears me out. Unfortunately, the field I have chosen and getting hired for jobs that place me in a position to manage people really tends to take its toll. I never feel like myself when I am at work, large gatherings, or school. I turn into a passive-aggressive jerk and then go home feeling horribly guilty. It is tough when choices we make (or are forced to make) conflict with our inner nature.

No comments: