Friday, December 15, 2006

Trail of Lights


A group of us was fortunate to go and see the "Trail of Lights" in Zilker Park on Tuesday. One of my friends was performing with the Scottish Highland Dancers. She was amazing for only having studied for a year (oh and for not even being a Scot). It was also briskly cold with a hot cocoa and cider for sale and the giant christmas light tree (big pole with lights angled off it like a tree). I also continued my childish ritual of spinning underneath the center of the tree until I was dizzy and falling down. I even managed to convince someone else (who is usually always in control) to cut loose if but for a few minutes. I think she enjoyed it because she said it was like feeling drunk. Finals time can be a stressful time when you're working and trying to write. It produces moments of honesty, stupidity, love, and childishness.

No comments: